Military Records

An electronic request for military records of veterans and next of kin are available here. Individuals who are not a veteran’s next of kin must fill out Standard Form SF-180.

Individuals can also submit letters of request for military records by mail or by fax. Letters should include the veteran’s complete name as used during service; service number or social security number; branch of service; dates of service; and date and place of birth, especially if the service number is not known.

Individuals seeking a correction to a military record can fill out the DD Form 149 and mail it as well.

Military Personnel Records 
9700 Page Ave.
St. Louis, MO 63132-5100
(314) 801 0800
(314) 801 9195 (fax)
Status check:

Civilian Personnel Records
111 Winnebago St.
St. Louis, MO 63118-4126
(314) 801 9250
(314) 801 9269 (fax)


Requests for the issuance or replacement of military service medals, decorations, and awards should be directed to the specific branch of the military in which the veteran served.

Additional information about requesting military service records is available here.

Mailing address for the Army, Navy, Air Force, and Marine Corps

National Personnel Records Center
1 Archives Dr.
St. Louis, MO 63138

Mailing address for the Coast Guard

Coast Guard Personnel Service Center
4200 Wilson Blvd., Suite 900 (PSC-PSD-MA)
Stop 7200
Arlington, VA 20598-7200