Military Records

Military Records

An electronic request for your military records or a loved ones’ are available for veterans and next of kin here. Individuals who are not next of kin must fill out Standard Form SF-180.

You can also submit a letter by mail or by fax for your military records. The letter should include the veteran’s complete name used while in the service; service number or Social Security number; branch of service; dates of service; date and place of birth, especially if service number is not known.

If you have a correction to your military record or a loved ones’ record you can fill out the DD Form 149 and mail it as well.

Military Personnel Records 
9700 Page Avenue
St. Louis, MO 63132-5100
(314) 801-0800
(314) 801-9195 (fax)
Status check:

Civilian Personnel Records
111 Winnebago Street
St. Louis, MO 63118-4126
(314) 801-9250
(314) 801-9269 (fax)


Requests for the issuance or replacement of military service medals, decorations and awards should be directed to the specific branch of the military in which the veteran served.

Online information found here,

Mailing address for the Army, Navy Air Force, and Marine Corps below:

National Personnel Records Center
1 Archives Drive
St. Louis, MO 63138

Coast Guard

Coast Guard Personnel Service Center
4200 Wilson Blvd, Suite 900 (PSC-PSD-MA)
Stop 7200
Arlington, VA 20598-7200