MADISONVILLE, La. – Sen. John Kennedy (R-La.), a member of the Senate Appropriations Committee, today announced $20,174,950 in Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) grants for Louisiana disaster aid.
“I am grateful that Lafourche Parish, Livingston Parish, Loyola University and parts of southeast Louisiana are receiving this $20 million to recover from the destruction left behind by Hurricane Ida,” said Kennedy.
The FEMA aid will fund the following:
- $7,170,835 to Livingston Parish for debris removal as a result of Hurricane Ida.
- $4,464,933 in federal funding to South Lafourche Levee District for right of way debris removal and monitoring as a result of Hurricane Ida.
- $4,285,100 to Lafourche Parish for debris removal operations as a result of Hurricane Ida.
- $2,650,075 to the Southeast Louisiana Flood Protection Authority for debris removal as a result of Hurricane Ida.
- $1,604,007 to Loyola University for emergency protective measures as a result of Hurricane Ida.